Old December 28th 07, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Bob Rinaldi w1cny Bob Rinaldi w1cny is offline

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

Why would you set up zero-rated accounts, just to buy crap from a crook ?
W1CNY

"Antonio Iovane" wrote in message
On 27 Dic, 23:29, "Rick" wrote:
so I left negative feedback---nothing personal or nasty, mind
you. I simply stated the facts.

Guess what? He slams *me* with negative feedback. Why? No reason.

Think about this - Why did you, as a buyer, leave feedback at all?
You SHOULD have been given positive feedback as soon as you paid for the
item.
When you didn't get your deserved positive feedback, you left yourself
open
for receiving
retalitory feedback when you gave him what he deserved.

The feedback system is a farce. Yes, I agree, as a participant on ebay you
want a close to
100% positive feedback rating. Once you get 10-20 positive feedbacks at
100% stop leaving
positive feedbacks for the scumbag sellers who wait "till we are sure your
shipment arrived in
good condition and you have left us positive feedback then we will return
the favor."
Is a 150 rating really any better than a 20 rating?

Another thing we buyers should do is have buying and a selling accounts.
Several of them.
When we get screwed and want to leave negative feedback (other than the
warm
feeling it gives
us, what is the reason?) we know we will get retaliated against, so we
just
take it and then disable that
low rated account ! Your selling account will carry a relatively high
rating if you are honest and that
is the only one that matters.

Ok? Problem solved. If you ever buy from Radio Mart do it with a brand new
zero-rated account
and don't worry about it. When he gives you a negative back, just throw
that account away and
open a new one for buying. We are all as smart as he is, we just have to
use our brains.

Rick K2XT

Not so simple!

After reading your posts I'm just wondering whether using a zero-rated
account would always be the right strategy for buying, regardless of
the reliability and reputation of sellers. Otherwise, when to use a
zero-rated account for buying? How might a buyer identify the
fraudulent seller beyond the few known cases? I have my own black-list
which includes three sellers and now I'm going to add radio-mart, but
the ebay world is much more wide.
What to do in the cases when zero-rated bidders are invited not to
bid?

I've heard that ebay checks names and addresses in front of new
subscriptions, and if they match no longer active accounts, new
subscriptions are blocked. Is it true? Is there any limit to the
number of accounts for any given name and address? What about paypal
accounts? How many times should I transmit to ebay my credit card
info, and how many times would I prefer it is present in the ebay
dadabase?

(As a honest seller, I would prefer not to have bids from zero-rated
accounts, as they could appear as shill bids. Further, for the honest
seller the zero-rated bidder is always a risk. Hence, on the other
side of the wall, so far I thought it would be better for me
presenting myself as a non zero-rated bidder, but maybe this makes no
sense, ebay is now sick.)

Antonio I8IOV