Old December 28th 07, 11:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
ml ml is offline

Default downward noise reducing ant?

In article ,
"Jimmie D" wrote:

"ml" wrote in message
hi

I've been using a dipole antenna about 30ft each side connected to a
sgc tuner with about 5ft of ladderline . this is mounted on my roof's
elevator shack.

recently the elevator gear was upgrated to modern stuff and i've
suffered with s9 steady but intermittant (sounds like noise level
/background noise) 3min on 3min off like noise from 1-30mhz ever since
it's mostly strongest from 1-7mhz and heavest on 80m

SO my building wo'nt let me get to crazy antenna wise but my
question is

is there a type of antenna i could put up such that it would be
very def below the antenna or something i could do that would
accomplish this effect? and mitigate the interference perhaps??

would say a regular 3 element beam reduce the noise or just perhaps
'amplify' it how about a verticle w/ few radials? or something i am
overlooking

my last choice and what i'd guess building wouldn't approve would be
to put 2 receive only stearing verticles away from the elevator room
not sure if that'd work technically but the other parts of the roof
are off limits to me so i'd be a VERY hard sell but i wonder if that'd
help or just ultimately be too noisy as verticles sometimes are

i don't have any other mounting locations nor any luck w/the elevator
company

just looking for some suggestings

thanks all

happy holidays

Sounds like the elevator went from mechanical switching telectronic
switching

Jimmie

Hi thanks to all thAt responded ,yes the old elevator has nothing but
a open frame rack of open style relays and a motor i think from late
50's early 60's nevery gave me a problem the new stuff i ckt
boards inside of metal boxes all computerized etc w/new motors