Old December 29th 07, 10:25 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
kh[_2_] kh[_2_] is offline

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

On Dec 28, 9:36 pm, "Chuck - K1KW" wrote:
I decided to contact Rick Mish and he confirmed what we all expected.
... Rick is very
disappointed that this jerk is using his reputation in Radiomart auctions.

The numbers are disheartening. Rick provides a difficult service at
what strikes me as a competitive rate.

$1,000 - "The entire receiver is dismantled, washed, re-tubed, re-
painted, re-silkscreen lettering, re paint and stripe knobs, check all
components"

Radiomart scams an eBay listing and almost flips the R/390A for more
than Rick charges to do the work.

It's almost representative of our times. People who do real work get
paid pennies. The hypesters and scammers get the bucks.

I notified Ebay about the fraudulent descriptions and have yet to hear back.
Ebay usually doesn't care.

It's not that, they don't have the resources to police the auctions.