Old December 30th 07, 02:31 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris Chuck Harris is offline

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

kh wrote:

This is a heads-up warning to please be careful when considering any
high priced Hallicrafters SX-28A at auction in the Ham Receivers
category. It was brought to my attention that there is a second
Hallicrafters SX-28A currently listed that is using copied pictures of
my SX-28A from a previous auction that ran here and concluded just
last week. Please carefully compare the inside view in auction

First, it is my recollection from reading the EULA for ebay that any
pictures you post on ebay become the property of ebay... something they
do to avoid spurious lawsuits from those that think it might be fun to
post their pictures on ebay, and then sue ebay for infringement. The
pictures you post on ebay show up on thousands of affiliate websites,
many of which don't even identify ebay as the source.

Am I the only one who remembers that it used to be when you clicked on the
button for: Sell a similar item, they would copy the original listing, pictures
and all?

If the seller is to be believed, he is older. He says he can't pick up the
receiver and flip it over anymore. Not too hard to imagine, given the high
number of feeble elderly men in the hobby, many of whom recognizing their impending
mortality, and are trying to clear out the heavy stuff. It is also not too hard
to believe that he might not have a digital camera... most of the elderly don't...,
and might have thought that using pictures from another auction wouldn't cause
any concern. Hams are used to sharing everything they get with other hams,
pictures, manuals,... copyright is not even considered... especially when there
is no intention of selling the picture, or even using it more than the once.

The only smoke here appears to be from some ancient ham's cigarette.

Just a thought,

-Chuck