Old December 30th 07, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Randy or Sherry Guttery Randy or Sherry Guttery is offline

Default How good are the AR-88 RCA receivers?

Uncle Peter wrote:

I'm surprised that it is that "wide." The selectivity curves are very
impressive;
and RCA put a lot of effort into the IF transformer design. I suspect
aligning
the IF and filter will be a bear to do.

To align the IF correctly - one needs a sweep generator. And yes - not
aligned correctly - they would imitate the nearest "barn door" for
bandwidth.

Best regards...
--
randy guttery

A Tender Tale - a page dedicated to those Ships and Crews
so vital to the United States Silent Service:
http://tendertale.com