Old December 31st 07, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Bill[_7_] Bill[_7_] is offline

Default ? 'Kchibo' Model KK-225 "High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio? Degen Model DE303 "High Sensitivity" AM/FM Stereo Pocket Radio ?

I can't speak about the Kchibo KK-225 but I bought their KK912A, "12
band, FM-MW-SW High Sensitivity 12 band Receiver" (analog) while
vacationing in HK. (http://www.kchibo.com/912a.htm) Bought it from a
street vendor for US$ 6 so I figured if it's a piece of crap, into the
trash it would go.
But in HK, it only received SW in Chinese from the hotel so I thought it
would be trashed once I try it out back here in No. NJ. But to my
surprise, this tiny 5" x 3" x 1" IS high sensitivity as they say. Back
home on the whip, I compared it on SW to my Eton E5 and, of course the
selectivity doesn't compare, the sensitivity is pretty close to the E5.
I picked up lots of international BC on many bands on the Kchibo
radio. Decent selectivity to separate the international stuff. FM is
pleasant and AM seems sensitive also (but not my focus). If this only
has SSB capability, brother, what a great unit .... But I would buy
another Kchibo if the SSB was put in...just for fun!

Hope this helps....(RHF...you probably couldn't go wrong with the KK-225
I would think).

--Bill

RHF wrote:
FO&A,

Besides the Sony ICF-S10MK2 AM & FM Pocket Radio
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4030071
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ230194622932
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ200187745351
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-ICF-S10MK...dp/B00020S7XK/

Does anyone own and use the 'Kchibo' Model KK-225
"High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio ?
http://www.kchibo.com/225.htm
? Is it truly a "High-Performance" AM/FM Pocket Radio ?
http://www.kchibo.com/225zoo.htm

-Or- Is anyone using a Degen Model DE303 "High Sensitivity"
AM/FM Stereo Pocket Radio -Note- No Speaker
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ370010030606
http://www.tecsun.b2s.com/showroom.html?pro=1&pid=41024

i want to know ~ RHF
.