Old January 1st 08, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Ron Manfredi Ron Manfredi is offline

Default J-38 key: What's the screw eye for?

Tim,

See
http://k6ix.net/J38Keys.html

Tim Shoppa wrote:
A few nights ago I got my J-38 out to help with Straight Key Night.
(Had a blast!).

The J-38 isn't particularly new to me... I got it from my Elmer before
I was licensed, probably when I was 9 years old.

But... as I look at it, I see it has a screw eye and two posts in the
back, and realize that I never knew what they were for. The two posts
in the back might be some kind of shield tie-down (or maybe something
I have no conception of related to land-line telegraph wiring), but
what the heck is the screw eye there for?

Tim.