Old January 2nd 08, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Brian Hill[_2_] Brian Hill[_2_] is offline

Default Radio Mart again outbids himself and has to relist

"Tommy D" wrote in message

I have canceled bids in the past by "gottahaveit(whatever)" on items I
had for sale, after I figured out it was him. Selling a radio to him
would be about as bright as selling a gun to the retarded kid at the
playground.

It just isn't worth it. If he were a professional predator, I might
devote some effort other than just canceling his bids. But that's not
what I see him as. Do you think I'm giving him too much credit, or too
little? Probably too much if I bother to type about him here!

OMFG. I just looked under "radio-mart" on Ebay and this guy is not the
small-timer he was a couple years back. He's got 88 auctions going on
just for radios! I believe I will have to re-align my opinions in the
near future... not sure where they'll fall but it's clear that he is
not the retarded kid on the playground he used to be. He's more like
the retarded kingpin of the ****ing mafia!

Tim.

You know Tim, I have a child who is autistic and mentally retarded.
It would be nice if you would think of a better analogy to use instead
of picking on people who have no choice of their destiny in life.

I have a brother that is mentally handicapped and the best way to deal with
people that offend them is to not let it offend you. Most people don't mean
to offend and I don't think Tim was trying to be mean, although the analogy
was tasteless. Our love for the handicapped people in our lives shouldn't
make us hyper sensitive trying to protect them and the real aholes that say
stuff to be mean are lonely pathetic souls with bigger issues than any
handicapped person we'll ever know.

BH