Old January 2nd 08, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

Jim Kelley wrote:

I have a piece of coax around here somewhere that I once burned up. I
recall telling you about it. The insulation is bubbled and melted at
half wavelength intervals. Please explain what particular aspect of a
traveling wave might have caused that to happen.

It's the consequence of having *two* traveling waves, which occurs any
time the line isn't terminated with its characteristic impedance. Betcha
yours wasn't.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL