Old January 2nd 08, 09:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

Roy Lewallen wrote:
Jim Kelley wrote:
I have a piece of coax around here somewhere that I once burned up. I
recall telling you about it. The insulation is bubbled and melted at
half wavelength intervals. Please explain what particular aspect of a
traveling wave might have caused that to happen.

It's the consequence of having *two* traveling waves, ...

Funny how Roy changes his tune from posting to posting, huh?

Consider his exactly opposite response to measuring the
delay through a 75m loading coil using those same two
traveling waves. :-)
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com