Old January 3rd 08, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default Galaxy V

"Edward Knobloch" wrote in message
radiosrfun wrote:
Anyone know/remember the original "paint" color of the cabinet, etc. Also
what tubes? A customer of mine wants to know. Honestly, "I" can't recall
ever having seen or worked on one.

Hi,

The cabinets were a semi-gloss black. Galaxy didn't do a good job
priming the steel cabinet, so many have been repainted over the years.

The final amplifier in both the original Galaxy V and Galaxy V Mk2
use a pair of 6HF5 tubes.

The Galaxy V Mk3 and the HyGain GT-550 used a pair of 6LB6 tubes.

The earliest models have hinged cabinets without even a screw
to hold the lid shut, and no cage over the final plate caps.
Not good if your shack ever gets visited by children.

73,
Ed Knobloch

Thanks Ed, I appreciate the help. Will pass that info along. Happy New Year
to you and yours.