Old January 3rd 08, 07:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a WARNING!!!

On Wed, 2 Jan 2008 22:47:27 -0500, "AI4QJ" wrote:

I have a piece of coax around here somewhere that I once burned up.

BTW, in any case in
which insulation melting occurs and we have deviated from the ideal
transmission line,

Ummm, Dan, as this is an explicitly new thread (purposely so to gouge
this thumb into the ideal eye) with such an intro as you are
responding to...
We are not in Kansas any more.

Jim's question is answered quite simply and you have offered one
yourself, generously slathered with doubt about its obvious
application.

However, my guess finds the symptoms would be more aligned with two
current nodes, not voltage. However, voltage or current, either mock
the notion of "traveling waves," as Cecil recoils in shock from the
bitter reality (his bête noire when it fails to serve his agenda) of
this contradiction.

It relates to another bitter round in his own thread of trying to
explain the confusion Hams have with Rhombic antennas and traveling
waves to then discover standing waves line up and down them:
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 21:19:53 GMT, Cecil Moore
wrote:
Ideal traveling-wave antennas have no standing waves.

Formula:
1. The guru starts to resolve the confusion about real traveling wave
antennas to the assembled unwashed masses;
2. a voice pipes up with simple data showing standing waves on real
traveling wave antennas;
3. the guru abandons the explanation to resolve the confusion about
real traveling wave antennas;
4. the guru denounces real traveling wave antennas as being
non-ideal.

I get a kick out of Cecil, really. The built in failures of his
arguments are so scripted that mocking them is like writing for the
sit-com where Dick Van Dyke forever trips over the ottoman.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC