Old January 3rd 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
dxAce dxAce is offline

Default Sony car shortwave radio?

Brenda Ann wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://www.thepowerhour.com/news3/sony_radio.htm

I made an attempt to look up the specs on this radio and could not find
anything
related to shortwave. The only thing the 'S' denotes in the model number
is the
fact that it's silver in colour.

Buyer beware!

It does indeed have SW, though I can't find any detailed information from
Sony as to what frequency range(s) it has. This link does say it has 12
presets for SW, though.

http://www.sony-asia.com/product/cdx...ite=hp_en_AP_i

Interesting! I had looked at that page, but didn't notice what you've seen. Click on the
specs however and it seems to make no mention of SW.