Old January 3rd 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Hal Rosser Hal Rosser is offline

Default meteor shower

"Howard W3CQH" wrote in message
Space Weather News for Jan. 3, 2008
http://spaceweather.com

METEOR SHOWER: Earth is about to pass through a stream of dusty debris
from
near-Earth asteroid 2003 EH1, producing the annual Quadrantid meteor
shower.
Forecasters expect a brief but intense peak of 50+ meteors per hour over
Earth's northern hemisphere sometime between 0200 UTC and 0700 UTC on
Friday

I tried to watch one of those meteor-showers a couple of years ago, but got
a crick in my neck, then someone told me it may be easier if I would lay on
my back in the bed of my pickup truck - so I tried that - to no avail. My
wife said try it again without the camper-top - but what does she know about
meteors?