Old January 4th 08, 04:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a Laugh Riot!!!

Richard Clark wrote:
A traveling-wave antenna needs an SWR close to ~1:1 to be
a good example. Whether by accident or on purpose, yours
is a very poor example.

I used your Traveling Wave antenna. :-

http://www.w5dxp.com/TravWave.EZ

Good grief, Richard! You cannot use the 8.4:1 50 ohm SWR
reading for the SWR on a wire with a characteristic
impedance of 411 ohms. I see what you did now and it
is was more than stupid.

The load resistor is 411 ohms. The characteristic impedance
of the wire is close to 411 ohms. Set the Alt SWR Z0 to
411 ohms and observe the actual SWR of 1.025:1.

The SWR is 1.025:1. The current on the wire is close to
100% traveling wave current. You observed the phase shift
and reported it. You have proved my point while trying
to discredit it. Thank you very much.

The reason that I didn't defend myself against what you
were saying is that I didn't believe anyone would be
so stupid as to report the 50 ohm SWR on a wire with
a characteristic impedance of 411 ohms. Therefore, I
didn't know you were talking about my example.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com