Old January 4th 08, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Richard Clark Richard Clark is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a Laugh Riot!!!

On Fri, 04 Jan 2008 10:55:37 -0600, Cecil Moore
wrote:

Richard Clark wrote:
A traveling-wave antenna needs an SWR close to ~1:1 to be
a good example. Whether by accident or on purpose, yours
is a very poor example.

I used your Traveling Wave antenna. :-

http://www.w5dxp.com/TravWave.EZ

Good grief, Richard! You cannot use the 8.4:1 50 ohm SWR
reading for the SWR on a wire with a characteristic
impedance of 411 ohms. I see what you did now and it
is was more than stupid.

The load resistor is 411 ohms.

So it was, so it is, and so shall it always be to demonstrate a
dramatic variation of CURRENT. All rather standard stuff. The SWR
report from EZNEC is source based, and that source was 100km distant
from the RECEIVE antenna - wholly remote from my care and
consideration. I didn't make your mistake, you made it alone for
yourself. Mount it like a trophy on your mantle with the rest.

With great misfortune, TravWave.EZ is, as you say, an atrocious
antenna, and nothing like what Beverage designed which my second
example more clearly reveals. I simply used your poor antenna so as
to increase the likelihood of its impeachment by its designer. This,
of course, triggered the script where that author condemned his own
creation; and all the choreographed marks were hit precisely as
anticipated.

Dear readers,

With such limp struggles as offered by Cecil, this has long passed the
point of being a challenge. It rarely takes much effort to crack his
arguments open, but having done it several times here alone, it can
only be described as a Sado-Masochistic spectacle. My arm is getting
tired with swinging the whip and Cecil's groans have long since lost
their siren call. Perhaps some future outrage from Cecil will
invigorate the song of the lash.

When dawn breaks, it will no doubt reveal TravWave.EZ disowned and
cast out of the home as a fraud. I will undoubtedly be described as
its immoral progenitor because TravWave.EZ is so obviously the spawn
of a demented troglodyte slipped into Cecil's nest like a cuckoo's
egg.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC