Old January 4th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David[_5_] David[_5_] is offline

Default shortwave radio attenas and radio shack

dxAce wrote:

David wrote:

Art Harris wrote:
David Mills wrote:
I have been to radio shack several times over the years inquiring about
antennas for short wave radios. I always get a rather blank response and
they never seem to have anything. They sell shortwave radios...so why not
sell good external antennas? perhaps Radio Shack isn't as good as one might
hope!
Well, the best external shortwave antennas are pretty simple and made
of ordinary wire. Try a 50 to 100 foot length of 14 gauge stranded
wire. Home Depot might be a better option.

http://www.dxzone.com/catalog/Antennas/Shortwave/

Art Harris N2AH

14 g is pretty thick for a wire antenna. I use ca. 20 g.

Be a man! I use 10 g.

I'd rather be a retard, if a man be you.