Old January 5th 08, 01:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves, and other stupid notions

Jim Kelley wrote:
I'm sure your book is correct, Dave. Mine probably is too. (It has CRC
Standard Mathematical Tables printed on the cover.) Cecil through a
curve ball. The correct function for a standing wave can be written as
the algebraic sum of two sine functions, or as the product of a sine and
a cosine function e.g. y = 2*Ymax*sin(kx)cos(wt).

I'm surprised that a physics professor doesn't recognize
the difference between the conventions of RF engineering
and optical physics (which are essentially meaningless).

Is discrediting me really worth denying the laws of physics?
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com