Old January 5th 08, 01:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
William Sommerwerck[_2_] William Sommerwerck[_2_] is offline

Default Lastest restore

"jakdedert" wrote in message
. ..

The cost/frame equation falls completely apart when you realize that
unlike film, you can reuse the card. Why anyone would store anything
on one for any longer than it took to get to a computer is beyond me.

I periodically dump my cards to an external hard drive. However, I don't
wipe the card until it's full.

Why? Well, it doesn't hurt to have two copies of something. Also, flash
cards have a finite number of write/erase cycles. I think it's tens of
thousands of cycles, but it seems to me that the less often you write to the
card, the longer it's likely to last.

There is also the matter of having prints made at Costco. (I don't use an
inkjet printer. Costco is better and cheaper.) It's easier to pull the card
from the camera than to copy the image from the hard drive back to the card
(assuming it's a "recent" photo).