Old January 5th 08, 05:19 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Andiroo Andiroo is offline

Default Icom 706 MkIIG Problems with Signalink USB Box

On Jan 5, 5:11*pm, "Ed Cregger" wrote:
"Andiroo" wrote in message

All

I have managed to get my signalink box working very well with the
706MkIIG but have found that it causes a weird side effect in that
when
the cable is plugged in the back of the rig it heavily attenuates my
voice so that people struggle to hear me when i am speaking on the
mic.
To be heard i need to turn up AGC to 10. When unplugged the lead i can
leave at normal setting of 5. Since everything else is working ok has
anyone else experienced this problem or got any ideas.

Many thanks

Andy

What is a Signalink USB Box?

Ed, NM2K

Ed

Its a box that connects to via TNC and allows digital modes to be
used. See www.tigertronics.com/slusbmain.htm

Thanks

Andy