Old January 5th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Andiroo Andiroo is offline

Default Icom 706 MkIIG Problems with Signalink USB Box

On Jan 5, 5:25*pm, John Smith wrote:
Andiroo wrote:
All

I have managed to get my signalink box working very well with the
706MkIIG but have found that it causes a weird side effect in that
when
the cable is plugged in the back of the rig it heavily attenuates my
voice so that people struggle to hear me when i am speaking on the
mic.
To be heard i need to turn up AGC to 10. When unplugged the lead i can
leave at normal setting of 5. Since everything else is working ok has
anyone else experienced this problem or got any ideas.

Many thanks

Andy

You tried an email to them?

http://www.tigertronics.com/tech.htm

Regards,
JS- Hide quoted text -

Yup - sure have but no response yet so tried asking here - this
message board in 99 out of 100 times finds me an answer to the lastest
of my ongoing radio problems. Why is it that the life of the radio
amateur is going from one technical problem to the next? I guess its
because we get easily bored and have to fiddle or add new kit. Still
keeps me out of trouble.

Andy