Old January 5th 08, 10:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon Telamon is offline

Default shortwave radio attenas and radio shack

In article ,

On 2008-01-04 10:12:04 -0500, Radioguy said:

On Jan 3, 10:54 pm, Scott Nelson
wrote:
No, I just know a dead horse when I see it.

Technology evolves. Radio was a great technology. WAS. 8-track
tapes were better than sliced bread back in the 60s and 70s.
Time marches on.

I love listening to international broadcasters. I have a Wi-Fi
system setup and it streams to my stereo. The BBC never sounded
so good. I can easily record the shows digitally if I like and
transfer them to an Ipod or other MP3 player.

Look at the progress that's been made in the last 5 years with
computer technology. It won't be long and handheld wifi devices
will be every where and cars will be equipped with internet
radios.

You can string out all the longwire you want. More power to you.
The

only problem is that there won't be anything to listen to.

Now that is unusual. With a 30 inch whip antenna I was able to
hear lots of stations on shortwave last night. You need to do
less writing on the internet and more real listening.

Regarding whether "Radio Was a Great Technology" I find the AM and
FM dial full of stations. DXing the AM dial for stations 1,000
miles away is still a lot of fun.

When his power goes out he'll go masturbate while we still
listen....

Can't you afford a laptop?

What good is a laptop to you? You can't even figure out where to go to
meet people with your interests at heart.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California