Old January 6th 08, 02:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default Digital mode on 10426.5 kHz

Ron Baker, Pluralitas! wrote:

"msg" wrote in message

There is a digital transmission on 10426.5 kHz almost continuously, every
day; FSK with about 875 Hz shift, about 100 baud or so, won't decode with
any s/w that I have.

snip

I show it centered at 10428.
Comes in pretty strong evenings in socal.
Looks like 75 baud.

http://www.chace-ortiz.org/umc/db/modes/kg84c.txt
says:
Feb 7, 2000 2304 10428.00 ??? NATO Mil, ??? 75bd/850 FSK, KG84 crypto

Thanks for this link; when it comes to digital modes, one can never be sure of
the carrier center freq when one does not know the mark/space freqs., etc.
so searching the web for references to something near 10425-10427 came up null
for me.

Could very well be military/navy.
I think commercial maritime services also transmit
similar signals.

There are many others similar such as 10130 9960 9215.2
9085 9030 5345.

Indeed; I haven't listened much around 9000-9999 but I do hear the one at 10130
as well since I am on 30m amateur band a lot and although the bands are nowadays
considered 'shared' with other services, it amazes me that the military or
whichever user can't move a few dozen kHz up the band.

Regards,

Michael