Old January 6th 08, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S. Vinnie S. is offline

Default SAMS 222

Hell, he wasn't even worth his mother and father's time! When they seen that
mass of toxicity come out of her puss - they wanted to toss it - but Haz Mat
regs prevented it.

I am hoping to get down to the bench later on. Haven't gotten there yet.
Last night - was wanting to when I came back early from watching the game -
but after a few brews - figured I better not. Got busy today with a bunch of
stuff. Just now starting to slow down. I don't know where this dude is
getting all his stuff - but WOW... what a mess.
Miswired, chopped up, you name it. I sure hope he isn't paying any good
money for the stuff!

I have that mic, the Washington and one other radio to do for them. The rest
are done and gone.

Thanks for the assist.

I am currently working on a friend's TRC-457, that is another restore project.
This radio was hacked. The channel mods, and clarifier all hacks. The deadkey
was real low. Channel selector is out. Lamps burnt out. I got the deadkey fixed
by replacing the final. That worked fine. As I was trying to adjust modulation
on my scope, I must have shorted the mic inputs, and lost the output. on AM, I
have no deadkey. On SSB, the relay chatters when I key up. I tested the fina and
it's still good. This one might be one of those one step up, 2 steps back
radios. It is the the only radio I have seen with all these different problems.

Vinnie S.