Old January 7th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Radiosrfun Radiosrfun is offline

Default To Vinnie

"Vinnie S." wrote in message
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 01:29:51 -0500, "radiosrfun"

wrote:

Vinnie - thanks for the help - dude. Once I changed out the switch - all
worked well on the mic.

I was worried the RK56 might not have the same wiring as old Turners. Who
makes
these now? I assume that someone purchased the rights to make these. Some
did
purchase the rights to make the expander 500 in Europe. I am surprised no
one
has purchased the right to make the +2 or +3 here in the states. They both
have
demand.

Vinnie S.

Telex/Turner still produces "2 way" radio devices for Public Service - at
least according to their Web Site. They also have a spot there for the "CB
mics" - although - little information. Between your info and some others I
dug up online - I was ok. Looking in one of my trade magazines, I didn't see
any Telex/Turner ads. Most places around here - use mostly Motorola stuff.

As to "demand" - I guess it depends on who shares that opinion. I'm not
saying you're wrong - but, for example - here - the CB craze has pretty much
died. The "few" CBs heard now - are mainly from truckers on the Interstate
not far from here, local hauling companies, "skip", trucks coming into the
local factory and the guards to direct them.

The "few" I know of - on CB - are using the upper channels for the most
part - "above" 40.

Yeah, that RK 56 was all screwed up. I took it completely apart and started
over. Once I got that done - then I started to play with it and though I did
originally have the mic wired properly to the set - it wasn't working.
Without the wiring scheme for the radio - I was starting to second guess
myself and too - the switch being flaky didn't help. Your info "confirmed"
the wiring to the set.