Old January 7th 08, 04:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default Cable TV Too Lould

D Peter Maus wrote:

Steven Ramirez wrote:

I use Time Wanner Cable in New York City. And I notice that when
commericals come on the volume level is too high.

I could like to know if other people notice this?

Thank you

oldchip

Cable is horrible about this. Most of the commercials come in over
processed...that is, with average level driven closer to the peak, for
greater loudness.

snip

There is an ongoing thread on this topic in sci.electronics.repair (and
perhaps crossposted groups); missing from much of the discussion is the
use of vertical interval clues to mute or attenuate audio during source
changes (commercials). Thoughts?

Michael