Old January 7th 08, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
Vinnie S. Vinnie S. is offline

Default To Vinnie

Telex/Turner still produces "2 way" radio devices for Public Service - at
least according to their Web Site. They also have a spot there for the "CB
mics" - although - little information. Between your info and some others I
dug up online - I was ok. Looking in one of my trade magazines, I didn't see
any Telex/Turner ads. Most places around here - use mostly Motorola stuff.

As to "demand" - I guess it depends on who shares that opinion. I'm not
saying you're wrong - but, for example - here - the CB craze has pretty much
died. The "few" CBs heard now - are mainly from truckers on the Interstate
not far from here, local hauling companies, "skip", trucks coming into the
local factory and the guards to direct them.

I look on ebay for demand. People are still paying money for old beat up mics.
Some are even paying upwards of $100 for D104s. There isn't a major demand as
far as mass production. But I am sure some outfit could produce them in smaller
quanities as some other gear is made.

Vinnie S.