Old January 7th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Grayland DXpedition - Jan. 2-4

On Jan 7, 6:48 am, dxAce wrote:
- - Guy Atkins wrote:
- - Last week I returned for a couple of nights at Grayland Beach
State Park
- - (Washington) for DXing. This was my first DXpedition trip with the
new
- - Perseus receiver, and it was a blast to use for active DXing as
well as
- - recording of 400 kHz portions of the band. It was also my first
time
- - staying in the new(er) yurts at the campground; that was a
*great*
- - choice for comfort, particularly in mid-winter at the coast in
Washington!

- Yurts? Like the ones they use in Kazakstan?

The "Yurts" of Grayland Beach State Park, Washington
http://www.parks.wa.gov/yurtsandcabins/yurtcabin.asp
Yurts - These circular, domed tents are made of extra-heavy, durable
canvas and have spacious interiors with skylights, screened windows,
hardwood floors and locking doors. Traditionally, yurts served as
strong shelters for nomadics in Asia.
* http://www.parks.wa.gov/yurtsandcabins/
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yurt
* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kazakhstan