Old January 8th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Roy Lewallen Roy Lewallen is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a Laugh Riot!!!

Richard Clark wrote:
. . .
Specifically, as you have already suggested, with a loop pickup.
However, in my career I have never encountered its use as a precision
device when measuring voltage is so much easier. EZNEC does not
report voltage (although it could be computed, I will leave that to
others as there is no significant information obtained in that
exercise).
. . .

As a general rule, the voltage can't be computed because of the spacing
between the wire and whatever reference point you're measuring voltage
to. The voltage depends on the path taken between the two points
(conceptually, how you arrange the voltmeter leads), so there's no
single answer. That's why EZNEC computes only current.

This is also one of the several problems with treating an antenna like a
transmission line. The similarity between the two is just enough to
tempt people to take the analogy farther than it holds.

Roy Lewallen, W7EL