Old January 8th 08, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore[_2_] Cecil Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a Laugh Riot!!!

Richard Clark wrote:
Cecil, under protest to my proofs of Standing Wave on these Traveling
Wave, then supplied a citation that heads this very thread:
"Because the Beverage is a
traveling wave, terminated antenna, it has no standing
waves resulting from radio signals."

It contains FROM radio signals.

That was a quote from one of my references. But I suspect
that a Beverage antenna must be excited in its directional
dimension for that to be true. It probably would have been
more accurate to say it has no reflections rather than to
say it has no standing waves.
--
73, Cecil http://www.w5dxp.com