Old January 8th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
art art is offline

Default Standing morphing to travelling waves. was r.r.a.a Laugh Riot!!!

On 7 Jan, 22:19, Cecil Moore wrote:
AI4QJ wrote:
"Cecil, Can you help me understand that the end of a dipole is an open
circuit?
Nothing falls out because the current changes direction ala AC because
the end of a dipole equates with the time that requires *the current
changes direction. So where is the open circuit? I also cannot see why
radiation reduces reflection if the circuit can be completed with
iron!"

OK Cecil, I'm waiting for your answer on this one! ;-)

The end of a dipole is like an open circuit transmission line.
The traveling wave hits the open-circuit and is reflected.

snip.
--

STOP STOP STOOOOOOOOOP RIGHT THERE
Thank you Lord for this opportinity you have given meto bring Ham
radio back to reality after Terman went to heaven
Gentleman this is a relativistic statement where Einstein tried to get
a unification theory
\before he died. He failed.You all know your houses are wired for AC,
usually a ring circuit.
Yes 50/60 is frequency just like 10 metrrs. Now go homw and cut the
wire in the kitchen to make it an open circuit Now ham r5adio says the
cuyrrent will turn around where you cutt it and it will go back. Well
science has not seen a trace of this new frequency of 100, 110 0r 220
line double its frequency to twice what it was before. On top of that
the lights went out on the circuit before and after the wire was cut
which means the current stopped when it was cut.
Same for a antenna which usually has a higher frequency. No the
current does not turn back or fall of the end. Right from the get go
the current knows that it must travel forward regards until the time
of half a period comes about. It cannot turn around and collide with
current that is obeying the rules. When it first started its travels
up the radiator the current travelled on or above the skin that
encloses the conductor knowing it can only referse at a specific
time. When the current6 reaches the top it will turn around if the
time alloted has also exspired. If this hasn't happenned it sees that
the inside of the antenna has nothing but decaying particles on its
inside which is really just a resistor. The current flows down the
center of this resistance. True it is not radiating at this point as
it is on the wrongside
of this decaying skin. Fortunately forward time expires just at the
time the current reached the bottom end of the radiator at the same
time half a period expired. So the current retraces its path up the
center and down the outside of the antenna where it can again radiate.
It reaches its starting point at exactly the same time as two haf
periods have elavsed which is one cycle. Yes the cuurent traveled a
full circuit which it must do as we know current flow today. No open
circuits and no current flow each and every way because it was forced
somehow to change direction and ofcourse all the lights went out.

All of this started because physicsts could not reconcile the laws of
electricity or Maxwell with those of Newton and ofcourse Gauss. This
thinking continues to this day even tho Einstein died without proving
things. Was this thread really worth it just to carry on the legacy of
Terman and Einstein regardless of the facts? Now look at the URL i
have supplied on another thread and note how a diamagnetic field is
somehow different from what you have been taught.
Note especially that the lines of force do not follow the same
direction that you expected.
If a paricle gets carried by these special lines of force the particle
becomes ejected AWAY from the field. Now.Is all this "blabbering" or
is it worth pursueing in the absence of Einstein? Can't we get back to
classical physics that the masters of which Newton, Maxwell and Gauss
stood on the shoulders of. Their science and our science is the same.
Let us not kick the legs from under them by inventing new sciences so
that our difficulties in understanding can be resolved.
Read the URL PLEASE .
I have found for you a description which also has picture as well as
words and mull over the implications of what I place before you.
Art Unwin KB9MZ...xg (uk)

73, Cecil *http://www.w5dxp.com