Old January 8th 08, 09:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
msg msg is offline

Default Birdies (spurs) in Grundig YB 400

Would someone who owns an unmodified Grundig YB 400 be willing to
do a birdie hunt on it? You would need to put it in a faraday cage
and power it on batteries and have access to the controls without
compromising shielding (by using a wooden or fiberglass chopstick
for example through a tiny opening to run the keys. The scan
function would probably find the strongest ones but some manual
tuning would also most likely be necessary.

I am using components from this radio in a project and don't have
an unmodified one for testing; getting a baseline on spurs is
vital to other mitigations I am undertaking.

Old Usenet postings mention a few birdies but there is no comprehensive
list across the full tuning range of the rig.

Thanks,

Michael