Old January 10th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Receiver News: Grundig Satellite 750

On Jan 10, 5:40*am, Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 8, 2:44*pm, dxAce wrote:

Radioguy wrote:
On Jan 7, 6:25 pm, dxAce wrote:
Looks kinda retro to me.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0750.html

Certainly looks like an interesting radio. *The real signal meter and
rotatable AM antenna definitely harken back to classics like the
RF2200. *Wonder what the tuning resolution is. *A $300 price tag will
require more than good sounding audio.

Hopefully Universal will have some additional info up on it soon.

I'm actually looking forward to the 750 and hoping it delivers good
performance with well thought out controls. *A through review will
help to separate some of the nonsense (negative and positive) that
surrounds this latest radio. *The Eton E1 was a fine radio in many
respects, but I think it suffered from feature overload. *The
manufacturer focused electronic controls but scrimped on the AM
antenna. *I'll probably look for the Chinese branded version of the
750 since that name is truer to it's roots.

- There is an unfortunate amount of unsubstantiated salesmans
- hype about the 750 radio being repeated by one individual on
- Dxing.info. *It's so incessant I wonder if he is not connected
- to either Eton or the manufacturer.

The Etón E1 has been discontinued!
http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=2433
-by screen name- Jin Changge
-host- DXing.Info {Community -aka- Newsgroup}

The Sample of Tecsun S2000 has come out! Better than E1/909?
http://www.dxing.info/community/viewtopic.php?t=2428