Old January 13th 08, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.digital,alt.ham-radio.vhf-uhf,rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Julie Altswitch Julie Altswitch is offline

Default ICOM IC-2820H vs ICOM ID-800H

Okay,
Now that I have had my fun at James's expense, and he has been such a
good sport and a gentlemen,
let me say - Thank you James for taking the jokes.

Tom's question seemed to me to center on the D-star aspect more than the
GPS.
The bottom line Tom is to be a good shopper, like you appear to be doing,
know what is important to you, and buy yhe best deal you can find.

Let the Buyer beware.

-Julie

James wrote:
Julie, I don't believe that you understood or answered his question.

One unit without the gps costs more than another brand which includes the
gps. His question is WHY ?

James