Old January 13th 08, 12:58 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Keith Dysart[_2_] Keith Dysart[_2_] is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

On Jan 12, 11:23*pm, Cecil Moore wrote:
On Jan 12, 8:45 pm, Keith Dysart wrote:

P(t) = V(t) * I(t)
where V(t) and I(t) are functions describing the actual
measureable voltage and current at a point on the line.

Apparently, the measurable *instantaneous* voltage and current. We
could have avoided a lot of wasted time if you had stated those
conditions a month ago. None of my references contain that equation.

I am curious. What other interpretation than 'voltage as a
function of time' did you have for "V(t)"?

And, of course, when you plug any particular time into a
function describing xxxx as a function of time, you get
the value of xxxx at that time; the instantaneous value
of xxxx.

Or is there another possible interpretation?

...Keith