Old January 13th 08, 01:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Cecil Moore Cecil Moore is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

On Jan 13, 7:58 am, Keith Dysart wrote:
I am curious. What other interpretation than 'voltage as a
function of time' did you have for "V(t)"?

Strange question. My interpretation is not the "other interpretation".
My interpretation is the (apparently) standard one from "Fields and
Waves", by Ramo&Whinnery - begin quote:

V(t) = Re[Vm*e^jwt]

Because of the inconvenience of this notation, it is usually not
written explicitly but is understood. - end quote

When you used the term, "V(t)", I understood it to represent the
Ramo&Whinnery definition applying to exponential notation. Your
interpretation is the one that differs from that definition. What
other interpretation than the Ramo&Whinnery equation do *YOU* have for
V(t)?

Or is there another possible interpretation?

Apparently there is and you can prove it by providing a reference that
extends V(t) in the Ramo&Whinnery definition above to something other
than exponential notation. I am not doubting your word, just (pretty
please) asking again for a reference that agrees with your statement
that V(t) is used for something else.

If "V(t)" is commonly used outside of the Ramo&Whinnery definition
above, I apologize for being confused by the notation being used.
--
73, Cecil, w5dxp.com