Old January 15th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Default April 1977 QST article

i3hev, mario held wrote:

Hi Pete, hi all!

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Thank you Mario.............you are the best!

well, well, now... just one among the beAsts...
glad to be of service!

I have always wanted to build solid state tube replacements. Now, I am
on my way to converting my Collins R-388 to a solid state unit.

A good lot of work, I'd say - good luck!

Ciao!

I wouldn't mind seeing that article too; in the '80s I built some common
type replacements using jfets and bipolars and installed them in an HP scope
which was the fastest I had at that time. I still have a real Fetron in my
desk drawer.

Regards,

Michael