Old January 17th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default April 1977 QST article

On Jan 15, 4:57*pm, "i3hev, mario held" wrote:
Hi Michael,

msg wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing that article too...

if your address (minus underscores) is a valid one, you have mail

in the '80s I built some common type replacements using jfets and
bipolars and installed them in an HP scope.....

I think that we all may want to learn the knack: in a near future this
will probably be the only way to refurbish tube equipment...

I see huge lots of mil-surplus 6AU6's, 6CL6's, 6BA6's, 6AK5's etc.
moving through the surplus channels all the time, still.

Someday we'll run out but I suspect that transistors will be obsolete
before we use all those tubes up!

Tim.