Old November 7th 03, 07:25 PM
Johnny V. Mullins

Default BALUN ??

Hi, group. I'm considering an attempt at building a quad antenna for 11
meters.
The plans I have, leave some of the details to the builder.
It's my understanding that the driven element needs to be fed VIA a balun.
I emailed a person with baluns "for sale" listed on ebay. He replied that he
thought I needed a 4:1 balun for a quad.
It's was my understanding that the balun should be a 1:1 ??

Anyone in the group care to advise me on this question ??

Any help and /or advise on the building of the 4 element 11 meter Quad would
be appreciated :-) !!

Thanks

Johnny