Old January 18th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna, rec.radio.amateur.digital.misc,rec.radio.amateur.equipment, rec.radio.amateur.misc
Tim Shoppa Tim Shoppa is offline

Default Governor Romney dismissed role of Amateur Radio Operators inEmergencies.

On Jan 16, 1:34*pm, "laborkei" wrote:
'I am ashamed tonight that I am a *Republican!' remarked one ham radio
viewer. '[Romney] speaks in
derogatory *tones about hams. He certainly shows an ignorance as to what we
do and are *capable of. I
suggest a grass roots campaign of local hams calling the State *House and
The
Governor's Office *to
protest.'

It's not ignorance - he's clearly in Motorola's back pocket, to take
away whatever ham spectrum he can to give to the big communications
cartels. All in the name of "emergency response", of course, but
anyone who can add up a couple bandwidths knows that the real need is
to give it to the cellphone companies.

The ARRL has to kind of pussyfoot around these issues because you
can't have hams being against the communications cartels as long as
"emergency responder radio" spectrum is their trump card.

Tim N3QE