Old January 20th 08, 07:59 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Governor Romney dismissed role of Amateur Radio Operators in Emergencies.

AI4QJ wrote:
Of course, our best defense is to use our allocated bands to the maximum. As
long as there is a large installed base of ham equipment and the hams use
it, the government is less likely to take those bands away, no matter how
much lobbying occurs because they know that those bands will never be free
of gross interference. At worst case, the "carpetbaggers" would be driven
away by those who have invested money in their equipment. Knowledge of this
MAD scenario is our best defense. Imagine what would happen if they tried
to give 11m to a private company; I wouldn't bet on it succeeding. Not that
I for a moment would *ever* advocate illegal operation of any kind.

What about giving 220-222 mHz to UPS, who then decided not to use it?

Geoff.

IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/