Old January 20th 08, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
wa5dxp wa5dxp is offline

Default Trying to ID a relay

I have an IC-720, and in the SWR unit is a small, DPDT PC mount
relay. Well, it's intermittent so I called Icom to order another.
Guess what, they don't stock them anymore.

On the top of the relay, is the company logo, which is a Horizontal
Bar over the letter F over another bar at the bottom. My obvious
guess would be Fujitsu.

The number on the relay is: 221D012 Which I guess to mean

12 Volts and I know it's DPDT

The Icom parts list show it as type : BR221D012

Anyone know how I could locate a replacement? It appears to be a
standard PC Mount DPDT, but the switching mechanism seen through
the clear cover is like none I have seen, and I'm kinda reluctant to
open it up, as I may make it worse.

THe relay is part of the antenna ATTENUATOR circuit, which is kinda
unusual. The unit contains a broadband RF amp consisting of 2 each
2SK125 FET's in push pull. The purpose of the relay is to bypass the
RF Amp, which is supposed to be a constant gain 10 DB broadband
amp - supposedly inserting 10 db of attenuation in the input.

The thing never did work correctly since I bought the thing new when
they first came out. Now the antenna path is getting intermittent, so
would like to replace the whole relay.

Anyone have any ideas on where to find one? I thought perhaps someone
may be parting out a 720?

Thanks for any help,

Jim,, WA5DXP