Old January 22nd 08, 07:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default keeping wire antennas up

Dave Heil wrote:
... It is simply a bolt, a large fender washer
and a nut. It is supporting only a wire antenna. It isn't guying a
tower. A 3/8", three or four inch long bolt in concrete is more than
sufficient for the job. Read my earlier post where I suggest a window
sash weight. These are cast iron with a loop at the top end. Both have
been used without failure for decades. No Rube Goldberg devices were
necessary.

Dave K8MN

The fender washer, now mentioned, would go a long way towards creating a
better deadman ...

JS