Old January 22nd 08, 07:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Jeff[_2_] Jeff[_2_] is offline

Default DX, CW only or do some people do voice too?

Can you recommend some of the better options for this CW-PC thing?
Thanks.

On Jan 22, 10:01*am, (Bill Gunshannon) wrote:
In article ,
* * * * Jeff writes:

Just an idea, and I know it's not "official"...but is it possible to
use software and integrate a PC into your rig to send/receive CW and
convert back and forth into text on the PC? *Possibly with some
software and an audio card on the PC? *In other words, the PC receives
text from the
keyboard..converts to CW and sends to rig, rig receives CW and sends
to PC which converts
back to text on the PC screen?

There has been both hardware and software approaches to doing this
for more than 20 years that I know of. *But, when conditions get bad
the best DSP for copyoing CW is still the human.

bill
KB3YV

--
Bill Gunshannon * * * * *| *de-moc-ra-cy (di mok' ra see) n. *Three wolves
* * | *and a sheep voting on what's for dinner.