Old January 23rd 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Cecil Moore wrote:

[material worthy of consideration]

"Cancellation" is undeniably a misnomer. In the same way there is no
"cancellation" in a dummy load--rf simply becomes heat.

Somehow, within a coaxial tank circuit, something "appears" as
"cancellation" of waves, but they are NOT "really" canceled--canceled,
when used in the posts here has a way of SEEMING to imply that the laws
of conservation of energy are being broken--I rest assured, they are not.

In the end, the rf escapes unscathed ... I guess some of the "why" this
is occurring, you are explaining in the math you present. Have
patience, I am in the process of digesting it and brushing up on points
of my education I have seldom, if ever, used ... I have grown old and
lazy and need one h*ll of a fire built under me to move. :-D

For some this is probably childs' play, to those I say, right on! For
me, it has become as difficult as when I had to "wrap" my mind around
binary trees--just when I was I ready to give up and change majors--I
had my revelation! (indeed, I think of it as a, "Revelation Onto John"
;-) )

Regards,
JS