Old January 22nd 08, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default DX, CW only or do some people do voice too?

"Jeff" wrote in message
Does anyone do anything besides CW while DX'ing? I still have to
learn/practice CW but would like to try my hand at DX. I know that CW
is generally most efficient at low power, but if you don't yet know
it..it isn't much help..

Oh yes there's a lot of DX on voice. Generally the pile ups are bigger and
more unruley though. That makes it quite a bit harder. Then of course the
signal to noise ratio is also poorer. However, I've worked quite a few on
voice using no more than 100 watts and a G5RV.

Dee, N8UZE