Old January 22nd 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx
Dee Flint Dee Flint is offline

Default DX, CW only or do some people do voice too?

"Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
In article ,
"The Shadow" writes:

"Bill Gunshannon" wrote in message
I guess it doesn't really count as DX but are there certain frequencies
on the various bands where people congregate to work on things like WAS?
I have been out of ham radio for a couple of decades but have once again
been bitten by the bug and I set up a couple of HF rigs and some simple
antennae. I thought WAS might be a good target to start with. (I did
work Cuba the other night and was amazed that even with my modest setup
he heard me ont he first call!!)

bill
KB3YV

--

A couple of WAS nets
THE TRIPLE H NET ASSOCIATION

http://www.hhhnet.net/index.html

3905 Century Club Net
http://www.3905ccn.com/

DX nets at URL:
http://ac6v.com/nets.htm#DXN

But some DXers prefer to not work nets and find the contacts
hemselves -
remain pure as it were.

Lamont 5 BAND WAS, WAS 17M, WAS CW, WAS QRP
49 STATES WORKED ON 12M AND 6M

I would prefer to avoid nets. I just thought there might have been an
unofficial place where people listened for other people working on WAS.

bill
KB3YV

Contests are good for chasing awards. Try the November Sweepstakes, Field
Day, North American QSO Party, various state QSO parties, and so on.

Dee, N8UZE