Old January 23rd 08, 05:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.swap,rec.radio.swap
pltrgyst pltrgyst is offline

Default A little off topic, Buying from a government auction

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 22:19:37 -0600, "George Csahanin" wrote:

I get an e-mail today. The Government has changed its core to require
"demilitarization", meaning they want me to ship it back, it is to be
destroyed. AN IFR! ??? Its part of the fine print. And I guess if I bought a
surplus h-bomb I can understand it, but this is such benign equipment. It
can be bought on Ebay almost constanty one is available.

Does anyone have any experience with somehting like this? And if so, is it
possible to talk some sense into their head?...

This is what your local Congressman is for -- call his district office and ask
for help.

-- Larry