Old January 23rd 08, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Kelley Jim Kelley is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Cecil Moore wrote:
Jim Kelley wrote:

Do you have trouble understanding that reflection changes the
direction of the reflected waves?

If you include wave cancellation as a mechanism for
energy reflection, I agree 100%.

:-) Of course I don't include wave cancellation as a mechanism for
reflection. Nor would J.C. Maxwell or even Eugene Hecht.

One wonders why you have not commented on the interferometer
experiment that intercepted the energy reflected from the
standard output during destructive interference and routed
it to the non-standard output thus illustrating an equal
amount of constructive interference.

I've used laboratory interferometers for over 20 years, Cecil. It
seems like I've been trying to explain how they work to you for almost
that long.

ac6xg