Old January 25th 08, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
Jim Kelley Jim Kelley is offline

Default Standing-Wave Current vs Traveling-Wave Current

Cecil Moore wrote:

It happens too fast to capture on a scope but if it doesn't
happen, the s-parameter analysis is just BS.

I guess by now it won't come as a surprise to anyone that you believe
something like that. What's surprising is that you expect someone
else to. The truth is, the s-parameter analysis just says that the
waves cancel. You made up the rest.

By the process of elimination, we know the above interaction
actually happens in reality. If, as you say, it doesn't happen,
the conservation of energy principle is violated.

So in other words if you're wrong, then what you're saying violates
conservation of energy.

ac6xg